September 7, 2009

It’s Time to Buy a PS3: Should You Buy the Original or the Slim?

Cole Burton Says For those of you who have not yet bought a PS3, there has never been a better time. Today, in my first post for The Goozex Report, I will compare the PS3 Slim to the original. Please keep in mind that I do not own a Slim, so most of my info comes from reliable Internet sources, such as Amazon. However, I am a long-time PS3 owner and player. Therefore, many of my facts on the original come straight from me.

To begin with, I will compare the greatest differences of the Slim and the original. First off, the Slim is 33% smaller and 36% lighter than the original PS3. On the other hand, the Slim has a somewhat cheap look about it that the original didn’t and the heat sensing buttons have been replaced with the old push buttons. Every other console has those, but the PS3 seemed so cool for having that function. Another pro for the Slim is that it’s more energy efficient, meaning, it will bring your power bill down a little. I have also heard that it has a stronger audio option or something among those lines, but , I cannot confirm this. One last con for the Slim is the missing power switch on the back of the Slim, however, most people put their PS3s on standby so that they can turn on the system by touching the restart button or the PS button on their controller. Lucky for us, all features from the newest models of PS3 originals have been kept, but there is still no backwards compatibility for PS2 games though.

Next, I would I would like to talk about the HDD, for now, the Slim has a 120GB HDD. I do not know what kind of HDD the Slim uses, but I am going to assume that it is a 2.5 SATA HDD like the original. I upgraded my PS3’s HDD to a 320GB, 2.5 SATA HDD with a 3-year warranty on eBay, I suggest doing this as the stuff you download will most likely stack up over time.

It’s Time To Buy a Slim
Here are several great reasons to buy a Slim; it’s all about the games. Some great exclusives are here and more are coming, including:
  • Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

  • Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

  • Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

  • M.A.G.

  • God of War 3

  • Killzone 2

  • Infamous

  • Resistance 2

  • Resistance: Fall of Man

  • MLB: The Show (A new one every year)

  • Ratchet and Clank: Future Tools of Destruction

  • Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time

  • Valkyria Chronicles
That is all for my first post with The Goozex Report. I hope you guys enjoyed it! You can follow me on Twitter (@solidsnake222) to know when I make new posts, and don’t worry, I will do more than just PS3 stuff. Next week, I plan on discussing future releases, and which deserve your money and which don’t.



Digg!

JimmyJames70