September 19, 2008

Trading for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

I wrote awhile back that I'm planning on buying Star Wars: TFU, and while I haven’t bought it yet, I will probably have to if I want to play it any time soon. I have this game on My Request list and there’s a long wait. Looking at the Trading Info for this, I might have a VERY LONG WAIT ahead of me. There are currently 13 copies on hold and 332 requests.

Yeah, I know, I just said I hope to get this game via Goozex while earlier I said I’m going to buy the game. The thing is, my current budget simply does not allow me to go out and drop $60 on games. I know that probably sounds pathetic, but that’s how it is. So, I either to need to wait for my birthday to get this game or I need to wait for Goozex, which ever comes sooner…

Because of the numbers, I still highly recommend buying this game if you plan on playing it sometime in the near future. I think it's virtually guaranteed you'll receive the full 1000 points when you trade it in. Right now, the game is valued at 900 points, but it won't be long before it's worth 1000.

Disc + Manual versus Full Package

I always list my offers as "Disc + Manual" but I always ship the case, usually in brand new condition. In the same way, I always request to receive games as "Disc + Manual" and I always receive the case. Looking closer at the Trading Info, I see the majority of people request the "Full Package." Because of this, I should get games much quicker by requesting "Disc + Manual" as opposed to "Full Package." Let's hope this theory works and I get TFU before the 271 other people.

In the meantime, if anyone has a review of this game, I’d love to post it. Drop a comment or use the link in the right column to respond.

JimmyJames70