September 2, 2008

Point Drop Weekend

Some people call it Labor Day weekend, I’m calling it Point Drop weekend. Of all the games that I’m following, eight of them experienced point drops. A couple games went up in value, like my all time favorite CoD4 (I’m happy it’s worth 1000 points because I still have not traded it yet). Perfect Dark Zero also went up in value; probably because it’s been on the Top 10 lists.

The most notable games that have dropped in value are Madden’s NFL 08 and Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

NFL 08 is now worth 400 points. It was worth 550 back on August 13. This game is dropping and it’s dropping quick. It received an 85 from Metacritic, so it might be worth checking out if you don’t mind outdated rosters. My advice is to wait for the game to stop dropping in points before you request it.

While CoD4 is still worth 1000 points, Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is dropping like a rock. It’s now worth 700 points and appears to drop in value every week. Stay tuned on this one. I still haven’t played the first Rainbow game, so by the time I’m ready for it, Vegas 2 should be pretty cheap.

Here’s the list of games (that I’m tracking) that dropped 50 points over the weekend:

  • BioShock
  • Burnout Paradise
  • Eternal Sonata
  • Gears of War
  • Orange Box
  • Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 (dropped 100 points)
JimmyJames70