October 23, 2009

Uncharted 2 | First Impressions

Erik Kubik Says Uncharted 2 came out last week on October 13th, and managed to sell 300,000 on its release day. That is an incredible number! So ask yourself why don’t you have it? This game is incredible, but words alone cannot describe the experience.

When I loaded up Uncharted for the first time, I was coming off a 10-hour day at work and was literary [sic] frothing at the mouth to play. The load screen on my 60 GB ps3 could not move fast enough. After playing the demo and the earlier Beta I was expecting something great. What I did not know, was that I was getting something close to godliness.

Just like the Sony commercials, Uncharted 2 plays like a movie. The game play flows seamlessly between real-time action and in-game cut screens. In the beginning. you are tromping through a battered and broken train about to plunge off a cliff with Nate Drake, a distant relative of Sir Francis Drake and the star of the first Uncharted game. The graphics are great, and within the first few hours of play I discovered the characters are likable and have a certain feel to them. The plot is interesting and took at least two twists in the two hours I played. The action and platform bits work well together like peanut butter and jelly.

Currently, I have just blasted my way through chapter 7 and I am having a heck of a time putting the game down. I think about it at work, I think about it when I sleep, and Uncharted 2 forces its way into my brain when I am playing other Playstation 3 games. I cannot wait to finish the game.


Digg!

JimmyJames70