October 17, 2009

Looking Forward to November

Erik Kubik Says Traditionally, November signals the beginning of the Holiday release schedule for games. More or less, from my understanding, it’s when developers stand to make the most money throughout the year, even if their games are terrible. There are some hot titles coming out. It comes down to buying now or waiting until Goozex delivers my copy.

Band Hero--One of two music games coming in November, this game comes out November 1st for 360, PS3, PS2, DS and the Wii. It’s totting itself as Guitar Hero fun for the whole family. I do know it has an extensive song list, with 65 Top-Forty songs and the ability to import more songs from the other Guitar Hero games. Players will be able to drop in and out, much like Guitar Hero 5. Honestly, I’ll pass. Rhythm games are not my thing, but I do predict it will sell well with families, especially on the Wii. If you already have Guitar Hero and Rock Band then you should wait until Goozex can get you this game.


Lego Rock Band—Unfortunately, I know very little about this game. It is coming for Wii, PS3, and 360 on November 3rd. It’s nothing more than a “family friendly” rock band game with Legos. The Legos can be used to customize their avatars, vehicles, and rock dens. There will also be Lego-themed challenges. Does that mean building things or knocking them down? It seems the presence of Iggy Pop and David Bowie are there to make it more “rockable.” If I had to pick between the two, Band Hero and Lego Rock Band, I might actually pick the latter since it is something different. Anyways, unless you have small children, just wait for Goozex.


Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is Game of the Year material and it is making its way onto the PS3, PC, and 360. Just from the trailers every gamer knows this is going to be a great game. It has everything you love about the Call of Duty Series and more. It comes out in early November. I cannot wait to play the Special Ops mode, which is similar to the final mission in COD 4, “Mile High Club.” The multiplayer elements are going to be mind blowing. My prediction is Modern Warfare 2 is going to be a must-have for the Holiday season. Do not wait for this game on Goozex as you will have to wait many months.


Assassin’s Creed 2--This game comes out for the PS3, PC, DS, and the Xbox 360. The first game was one of my least favorite games of 2007. The previews for the sequel show an interesting game but I am worried about length. After 6 hours is that going to be it? Is the new setting, Renaissance Italy, and the new game play features like dual assassination blades and flying machines, be enough for gamers? The game slashes onto shelves on November 17th. My thoughts are unless you loved the first game wait for Goozex to bring it to you.


New Super Mario Brothers--It is time to dust off my Wii. This wondrous take on the old comes out November 15th for the Wii. Featuring 4 player co-op and 2d Game play, I can dig this. There are mushroom propellers and a penguin suit. What? No frog suit or metal helmet!? I like that Yoshi is back but I’m worried how well the 4 player co-op will work out. The game is built around the idea of working together, so what if you have ornery friends or the AI is terrible? For a gamer like me, this means the TV will meet my Wii mote. In the end, if you are a hardcore fan and are in the mindset that I gotta-have- every Mario-game, grab this game as it comes out.


Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles--I am going to buy this on launch day, the 27th of November. As a big fan of Resident Evil, I want no mistake that I need to have this game. Reason 1, it comes with the Wii Zapper. The second reason to own this game is that you get to blast zombies with Claire and Leon as they travel back through Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil Code Veronica. Like Umbrella Chronicles, Wesker will make an appearance and this will just make me want to drag out my Dreamcast or my Playstation. Co-op rail shooter with Zombies- what else do gamers need over Christmas break? If you don’t like Resident Evil or rail shooters, then wait for it on Goozex.


So readers what are you looking forward to?

Digg!

JimmyJames70