August 25, 2008

The Goozex Report Starts Reporting

If you're an Xbox 360 gamer, who enjoys playing games but does not enjoy paying full price, then Goozex is for you. I started using Goozex earlier this year and I've already played over $600 worth of games for very little cash. I mostly trade my games in for other games.

I take
Goozex a step further than most other people. I keep a spreadsheet detailing the game point changes. I want to know when a game starts dropping in value, so I can get it on the cheap. Why spend 700 points on a game when next week it will be worth 600?

In the short amount of time that I've been tracking
Goozex, I've already noticed trends. For example, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 is now worth 750 points; it started dropping in points on July 22. I'll probably request this one after it stops falling in value. If you continue to read this blog, then you too will know when the best time is to request a new game.

Let's get started:
  • Call of Duty 4 has dropped to 950 points. This is the first time Infinity Ward's Game of the Year has dropped in value since it was released. If it's like Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, then it has potential to start dropping 50 points every eight days. I made my copy of CoD4 available back on July 24 and it had a long wait, it's been a month, and I'm now #45 in the queue.
  • Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 is now worth 750, it was worth 1000 back on July 11, so the mighty are falling.
  • Madden NFL '08 has dropped from 550 points on August 13 to 450 points on August 25. I'm guessing all the Madden fans with '09 are finding their copies of '08 are now useless to them. I might get '08 once I see the points hit a low point or start to hold steady.
  • Tiger Woods PGA Tour '08 is also starting to drop and is now worth 650.

Become a Goozex member now and immediately earn 1 free trade credit and 100 points.
JimmyJames70